Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

I figured since its Christmas Eve I should talk about that. I'll just tell you what happens on my Christmas Eve.

Christmas Eve is always slow. For some reason I always wake up early on Christmas Eve. Its always last minute shopping and night time Mass and we open one present. Today I went to Urban Outfitters with Hideo to get an outfit for mass and a few things for my sister. Hideo would kept trying to help me find something to wear but I'd get more annoyed and upset with every suggestion. I finally found something I liked but it was too short or too revealing or didn't fit me right. I settled on a grey mini skirt, a cropped black shirt and a floor length greenish-grey sweater with dark red tights. 

Then we looked around for gifts. I had to get my sister a gift and he had to get his dad a gift. This was very easy because everything was on sale so we could pretty much afford anything. We both got a set of peace and tranquility stones and he got a ouija board mint case also. It is a small gift but I think my sister will enjoy it. 

After shopping, we went to Back Yard Burger and then back to my house to get ready for mass. I went upstairs to my room and got dressed and while I was doing that I made Hideo figure out how to wrap the presents for his dad because apparently he'd never wrapped a present in the whole 18 years of his life. I cam back down and looked at the package. It was a mess, I ended up fixing it when he was busy with something else.

Finally everyone was ready for mass. Well physically. No one wanted to go except my mom. I'm not Christian any more, but my other siblings are. They just didn't want to go, but I don't blame them. We've just recently started going to church again. I think my mom feels guilty for all the years she hasn't gone or taken us. A lot has happened in our family recently so it probably has a lot to do with that. 

Mass wasn't long at all which was weird. Usually Christmas Eve mass is like three hours but it was only one hour at this church, which was nice.After church we got into our cars and left. Hideo, my fifteen year old sister, Kate, and I took a different car because my whole family couldn't fit in one car. There is six of us at my mom's house. I am the oldest at seventeen. Then there's Kate at fifteen, Son at ten, Jack at seven, and Claire at one and a half. Also my stepdad, Louis and my mom.

Back at the house we all opened our one present which was pajamas, and ate a roast that had been cooking all day. I felt bad because not everyone liked it and my mom was really excited about it. She tries really hard but she doesn't understand the problems my sister goes through and gets frustrated with her easily. She just wants her kids to be normal, I think. 

At about ten o'clock, my mom sent everyone upstairs to bed and Hideo home so Santa could come. Oh, that's another thing, my sister, Kate just found out Santa wasn't real tonight. She found out by telling our little brother he wasn't real and when my mom told her to be quiet she said "Wait, really?". She had no idea. She wasn't upset so its ok. 


No comments:

Post a Comment